Idea Pins are the newest toy on Pinterest and are currently all the rage. Pinterest has been saying for years they are a full funnel marketing platform and with the birth of Idea Pins you’ve officially got a method for brand awareness and audience growth. These are going to need to become a part of your Pinterest marketing strategy going forward.
I’ve talked about Idea Pins in the past
- How to Make Story Pins on Pinterest
- 6 Pinterest Story Pin Mistakes to Avoid Making
- Will Pinterest Story Pins Help You Grow Your Brand?
What is a Pinterest Idea Pin?
Idea Pins are a new format where you can showcase an idea from start to finish across static images or video.
Here’s a snippet from Pinterest:
Idea Pins make it easy for creators to publish high quality, long lasting, save-able content directly to Pinterest. In fact, the number of Idea Pins created daily has grown by nearly 4x since January.* With these updates, we’re highlighting the people behind the content and encouraging Pinners to follow creators and engage with the ideas they find.*
Why you should use Idea Pins in 2021
- Grow your followers
- Building your audience connection & trust
- Inspire your audience
When your audience feels inspired by your idea pin they will want more of what you have to offer.
10 Ideas for Idea Pins
- Show how you created & manufacture your product
- The story of your product & it’s benefits
- Honey hair oil: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/626774473145460097/
- Show how your product can fit into someone’s daily life
- Shelf styling: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/626774473145461093/
- Show them how to do something
- Makeup pin from Kelly: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/626774473146008319/
- How a seasonal idea or trends
- Cocktail pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/626774473145461876/
- 5 additional ideas
- Packaging & shipping
- Inspire your audience with how to use your service, product, etc in their life
- This or that
- Close up detail of your product
- Show how your product can assist with other products
Idea Pin Best Practices
- Use the native mobile app creator
- Pinterest partnered with Epedemic sound to give you even more audio options
- Tagging feature
- You can now tag other creators in your idea pins as well as the descriptions of the pins themselves
- Tell a story
- Don’t just repurpose content to your idea pins
- Use around 5 slides at a minimum
Use subtle CTAs like:
- Visit our X board for more ideas just like this
- Visit our Pinterest profile for more like this
- Follow us for more just like this
Use video in your ideas pins with the first slide being video seems to be a preference. Add text for additional context to your ideas and help the pinner know what your pin is about.
- Ghost feature
- Record & edit up to 20 slides of content including 60 second video clips
- Add voice overs
- Export your pin to use beyond Pinterest
- Topic tagging
- Detailed lists of ingredients, materials, etc.
- User tagging
How do you get idea pins (formerly story pins) on Pinterest?
If idea pins aren’t available in your country yet then you will need to wait until they are released or you can request access in your settings.
To see if idea pins are available in your country click here.
Join Pin Profit Academy
This is our exclusive Pinterest strategy membership priced at $37 per month. New trainings every month including hot seats, q&a calls, live trainings, new pin templates and more. Join today.